Simple, Healthy and Delicious Breakfast Bars

Jetty just recently started working the night shift. In a way it is a blessing because I get to spend the day with him, but at the same time I really miss him in the evening. I think Elias is happy to have daddy around when he is awake though. This means we have a change in our schedules. We have decided to start having our big meal for the day around lunchtime so we can spend it together. I wanted to come up with a good snack for Jetty to bring to work at night aside from his meal, or something he can grab quickly when he gets home since he'll be up late most nights.

Soo...

Yesterday I made some breakfast bars for quick snacks for Jetty and I. I looked around and read about 10 different recipes for these and then came up with my own. They taste delicious and were so easy! They have no added sugar and are super healthy and filling.

 What you will need:

4 Cups of your favorite granola cereal
4 mashed bananas
2 Cups of dried cranberries (I used orange flavour ones)
1 Cup of crunchy peanut butter (or creamy if you prefer)
2 tsp of vanilla

Mix them all together and place in a pan or divide into muffin tins and bake at 350 F. (For large pan 20 mins and for muffin tins 10-15 mins or until golden and stay together when cut)


 Yum yum yum! They are so tasty and I feel great about eating them. I think they would also be delicious with a bit of dark chocolate drizzled on them, or raisins (or any dried fruit) instead of cranberries.

Do you have any breakfast bar recipes your family loves?


 Photobucket


Pin It!

2 comments:

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.