Baby Steps

I'm finally getting big things done around the house and wanted to share something small and also update you on our lives right now.

At the end of August I was laid off. It was definitely a surprise and at 3 months pregnant I knew it was going to make for a challenge in finding work before I went on leave since by the time I secured something I would likely only be able to work for a few months before leaving to have a baby (and then taking a year away to be with baby). Thankfully I have a part-time job with the most wonderful employers (The Yorkes) and Jetty and I have saved enough for me to take it easy for the time before baby. I'm still keeping my eyes open for small projects and contract work, but I'm not putting a lot of pressure on myself to find something.

This big shift has also meant that I have some time to re-evaluate how I do want to spend my time. Where do I want to work? What do I want to do? I've thought about everything from going back to what I was doing before, to doing some consulting work, to trying something completely different. I'm still not 100% sure where I will be after baby #2, but I'm excited at the opportunities ahead.

With all the changes and also with the exhaustion I was facing in my first trimester, I felt like I was barely getting anything done. Especially checking in on my little home here. I keep trying to start back up but I just wasn't feeling as motivated. I was also LOVING all the bonus time with my little guy that I was missing out on while working and didn't want to waste any time with my computer.

Finally though I've been getting back to fixing things up around this house and working on some projects that are fun. Hopefully that will mean more posts coming up!

For now, here's a little peek at Elias and some pictures of him that we added to the walls. Woo! Small steps folks!











Photobucket


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I know you'll be successful at whatever you choose to do and I know that family is the most important thing. Jobs come and go but family is forever. Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.