Old and New


This past weekend I got to spend time with my soon-to-be-family. They are wonderful and I feel very lucky not only to be marrying a great guy, but he comes all wrapped up in a nice family too!

Jetty's brother also just recently had a little boy! He is just the cutest baby in the whole world! It is amazing what new life can do to a room full of grown ups. They start talking in "baby" and ooo'ing and aahh'ing. Spending time with him reminds me of when all my little cousins were babies.

It is interesting that in my family, when my mom's mom passed away her son and his wife (my Aunt and Uncle!) were expecting a baby, and the same was true in Jetty's family. His grandmother on his mom's side recently passed away while her grandson was waiting to be born. I wonder if they had a chance to say 'hello' in passing...

It is interesting how God works, closing one chapter and starting another. I know this isn't always the case for everyone to have someone in their family die and then someone be born soon after, but the circle of life allows for death and new life to be around us always. It is a real blessing. It is special to me that so far in my life the death of family has been a sad, but uplifting experience. There is joy for their lives and their return home and sadness that we will miss them here on Earth.

This Thanksgiving I was thankful for all the blessings in my life both big and small. And I hope that whenever there is loss in my life, I will not close my heart to the fact that there are gifts in my life too.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for your amazing comment on my blog. It people like you that tell me that I inspire you to write is what INSPIRES me to write; so thank you my dear!

    My God bless this new journey in your life and grow you into the woman he has called you to be! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.