How I'm managing the Couch and Excitement!

So it goes without saying that I have NO experience in couch upholstery. I just figured the worst that could happen would be some money wasted. I know you are supposed to take the old fabric off and replace it, and you know, actually "re-upholster" it!

But not me!

I have decided to just focus on one piece at a time and start to try to cover up the old fabric. One way I cheated was to just staple new fabric on the "kickpad" part of the couch (kickpad= my way of saying the front bottom part of the couch as seen in the photo below).


The middle kickpad is a drawer! How convenient!
For those top pieces I approached each one differently. For the very top piece, I made a pocket type thing to stuff the headrest into. and then made small folds and hand sewed it so it was tucked in. (I know it looks like two different colours- bad lighting!)


 

And for the back rest cushion, I used some material left over from this project and cut a piece big enough for the back of the cushion and pinned my new material to it and then followed that as a pattern. For the piece I have completed I actually did all the pinning on the other side of the couch so I wouldn't have to turn it back inside out.


















Also, lawyers office just called. Condo= officially ours! All the paperwork is done!
We celebrated last night when the paperwork was sent from our end.
I was a little excited.



Yes Alli, that is a strawberry daiquiri with Bailey's.
I'm determined to bring a nice new-looking off white couch into our new condo (not just any one...the one I'm working on of course!- stop laughing...it will happen!).
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.