Revamped Lamp

So this one is a work in progress because I learned some lessons while working on this project.

Remember these lamps?


Well I thought they needed a face lift. The weird speckles and woven top and bottom were not our style. It started off nice enough...


I traced along the outlines of the lamp with chalk...


...and rolled it on the black fabric to create my template.



Lastly I glued the fabric on all around the lamp.

The problem came when I tried to accent it with ribbon. Straight ribbon doesn't work on a tapered lamp. I'm sure you knew that... I just thought I could make it work. So now I have a few ideas to fix the problem including sewing a border to cover the ribbon up or creating a frilly ribbon covering to help mask the mistakes.



For now, this is what we have. I just love the base of these lamps so I'm making this work somehow!

Any thoughts on how to spruce this up a bit?

Maybe some beading like this:

Photo from lampshadescentral

Let me know your thoughts!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.