Ruffles

So I wanted to try to tackle making this pillow:


Found on Pinterest.

Only problem was that every time I tried to pull a string to create the ruffle the little string broke because my material wasn't good enough. Then I realized you actually have to sew a line down the centre first with a strong piece of string and then pull.

Here's a more detailed run-down of how I made my ruffles:


Cut a 17" piece of material and then realized I didn't know how to divide it evenly into the right number of pieces so I just folded it until it looked about right.

 Then cut the curves to get something that looks like below.
 About 12 evenly spaced lines. Which I tore into strips:
 Then cleaned the strings all off and laid them out. This is when I realized I would need to do some extra sewing, so the pillow is not done today...
 But I did get the ruffles all finished and laid out. I hope to sew the pillow all up today and share it with you tomorrow!

What do you think? Think it will make a cute mustard colour pillow?

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I hope this turns out amazing cause I would LOVE one for my room next year please and thank you!
    Maybe if it works we could make one next time I am down?? : ) I'm excited to see the end result

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Erica's post. I wil take 4 in green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Update soon and you can let me know if you would like one! Xo's

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.