Excess

Jetty and I went through our clothes the other day to do something I try to do every season which is purge any clothes from that season that I didn't wear. Jetty has not done this in, well, YEARS. We found some clothes in the closet from grade 11!

Needless to say, there was a LOT to get rid of. We will be handing some down to family members and donating the rest. If you are wondering how much clothing I'm talking about I took a nice couple pictures for you. As you can see, I wasn't messing around. (Yes, some of it is mine, I would say maybe the top 10 items on the pile...)




It really got me thinking about things we do and have in excess. How often do we have to throw away food because it's gone bad? In what ways are we spending too much? What are some things we can get rid of/donate. I think we need to be more aware of these things so we can make sure we aren't being wasteful.


1 Timothy 6:6-8: But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

I also started a small box from last season that has to be donated and it's sitting in our spare room. These things will be going this weekend! (Except some clothes that will be making the hand-me-down trek). I will be tackling some more areas that need purging this weekend too.



Have your purged your closets lately? What things are you holding on to that you do not need?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Moving for me.Had things I hand not used for 15 to 20 years.Was pleased to give it to people who could use it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.