Thankful

http://instagr.am/p/Pvylw/

There was so much to be thankful for this weekend. Most importantly I am so thankful to God for the wonderful family and friends he has provided me with. I felt incredibly blessed to be surrounded by family this weekend and to be able to speak with my dearest friends.

While I missed some of our family members and definitely missed most of my friends, I still feel as close to them as ever and know we will always be there for each other.

I couldn't help think about Luke 5:18-20 (Maybe because the radio station I was listening to brought it up) because the verse says:

Some men came carrying a paralytic on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus. When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven.

This strikes me most this Thanksgiving for 2 reasons:

1. The friends dug a hole in a roof because they cared so much for their friend and wanted him to be healed so badly. (What great friends to be thankful for!)
2. Jesus seems to be forgiving the man's sins based on his friends faith, not just his own. "When Jesus saw their faith..."

I feel like this passage so clearly describes the role and importance on friendship in our lives. Of having friends who are there to have faith for us when we may not have it ourselves. In the end Jesus not only heals the paralyzed man of his sins, but also heals him of his paralysis so he can go out and praise God too.

To all my friends and family- I'm so thankful for you. =)

xo
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. & I am so thankful for you! I miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am so thankful to have such a wonderful & beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.