Cloud and PomPom Mobile

Last week was the most difficult of my entire life and so I took some time away. Thank you for your support and patience. xo

Today I wanted to share a little project I've been working on with my spare moments to start getting things done in Elias' nursery since, you know, he's almost FOUR months old! He will be ready for a big boy room before I get things done...

I wanted to make him a mobile to hang above his crib, but after seeing these adorable mobiles from The Butter Flying I thought to myself, "I love the idea of it against the wall!"

Of course I added my own twist and this is what I came up with:

I had the piece of driftwood from a long time ago and it used to just sit on my desk. I thought this would be the perfect use for it. As for the pompoms, I used this quick tutorial that I saw on Pinterest:




The clouds were a bit trickier. I played around with lots of different cloud shapes until I came up with something I liked which I just doodled on a piece of paper.

I then pinned the shape to two white sheets of felt that were laying on top of each other.


I decided to stitch around the shape by hand. I thought it would give it a more unique look and would let me get the shape just right.


I stitched almost all the way around the shape and then stuffed it.




Then all I had to do was finish up the stitching. There was no need to turn the shape inside out because I liked the idea of the unfinished edges being on the outside. 


To finish the shape off I simply cut around my stitch marks leaving about 1/8 of an inch overhang.


Then I attached everything with a thin white string so it will blend a bit with his walls. I love how it turned out!

I'm working on a project now for right above his crib on the other wall so it won't look so lonely hanging there!



What do you think? Have you tried anything similar?
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Woo it turned out awesome! : )

    You will have to make me one .. one day.

    xo

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!! I love the little pompoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are fluffy and fun for sure! =)

      Delete
  3. You are so crafty! Glad to see you posting and enjoying your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! The driftwood was a good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so happy I found the perfect use for it!

      Delete
  5. It's absolute perfection, you're such a clever Mummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, this is SERIOUSLY this most adorable thing I've ever seen!! Pinning now & sharing on FB too (soooo very sweet)!!!

    xx m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing! I'm so glad you love it! Following you on FB now too! I'm loving looking through your blog! =)

      Delete
  7. That is the cutest thing ever! So adorable. I love the driftwood mixed with the softness of the clouds and pom poms! LOVE!

    P.S. My daughter is almost 21 months old and I'm still not done with her nursery ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Britni so glad you like it! Hahaha that makes me feel so much better! I feel like sometimes it's fun to never be "done"!

      Delete

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.