Dollar Store Organization

Today I did the simplest organization and it felt so good to get it done for about $8!

There were a couple blog posts that inspired me for this idea. Jen from iHeart Organizing shared the following picture and post which I LOVED... but I don't have a Cameo and I haven't been able to find really cheap acrylic dividers.



I also loved Kate from Centsational Girl's post here and her awesome use of a kitchen utensil drawer divider. She made it fit so perfectly in her drawer though and I don't really think I have the time and energy to make this happen.


...and so enters my cheap and lazy way to achieve the same result.

Let's start with a scary "before" of my drawer in the bathroom.


Yes, it really did look like this on a regular basis... yuck.

Then of course you need a supportive little helper!

Next you will need a bunch of clear plastic containers from Dollarama:


I just went through everything in my drawers and took things out of make-up bags and rearranged and came up with the following:



With space to spare! I just LOVE it! (Yes that is my retainer case- I still wear it!) I have to say as well that all the containers just happened to fit perfectly in there. I always hate when bloggers say "it just all worked out la-di-da," but it really is exciting when it happens! I was ready to sticky-tack the containers down so they wouldn't slide around. but they don't really move. I would recommend that if you don't have a configuration that works.

So there you have it, cheap clear plastic to give the illusion of acrylic. Amazing! I'm also debating about lining the drawer with a pretty fabric or something so you can see it through the bottoms, what do you think?

Photobucket


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. With a cute helper like that it is amazing the things you can do!
    Love the look and especially love the helper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out awesome! You know me, I love organizing so I love this blog. I definitely think that you should line the draw with some cute fabric! I think it would just make the space all that better!

    p.s love the handy dandy little helper, seriously how cute is he!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!! I have to try something like this. My drawer must be completely pulled apart and reorganized every 6 months or so because I just throw everything in together! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when things just work! Looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.