31 Days to Friendship with Jesus



I've gone back and forth several times both about whether or not I would write this post and how. I finally decided that, yes, I would, and "how" would just come as I type each new word.

I've decided to participate in the "31 Days" series hosted by The Nester. It means I am committing to posting everyday this month on the same subject. I really wasn't even thinking about doing a "religious" topic, but somehow here I am. I will try to tell you a bit about how I got here and what to expect this month.

Ever since I learned what the love of a parent feels like I have had an acute awareness that I do not truly understand at all just how much my Father in Heaven loves me. How could I? It's got to be a whole lot if it's even a little more than I love my little Elias.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world,that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."


So, ya, I guess you could say he loves me (and you!) a LOT. 

Coming to this realization also made it clear to me that I am missing something in my love for Him. I should love Him above all others, and while I want this so badly, I don't feel as incredibly passionately about Him as I do about my husband and son (for example). I know that I should, I know I want to, but the part that I realized was missing is in nurturing that friendship with Him. The answering of the question, "How am I acknowledging His great love on a daily basis?"

I call myself a believer and I say "I love Jesus," but I don't really feel like we are friends- not like my other friends (I know of course that is has to be a bit different.). I know that this lack of true friendship is on me, not him. He is sitting with his door open waiting to build a close friendship with me. It seems to me that I (and many others I dare to wager) put Jesus in a very separate box than other friends. I don't spend the same quality time with him. I don't usually invite him along when I hang out with other friends; and I don't spend the time I should really getting to know him. I've decided I want to spend the next 31 days working at building this friendship and I thought I would take you along for the journey.

This doesn't mean just bible reading (although that is a big part), it means doing things that friends do, sharing common interests, spending time together and learning about one another. There will still be Elias pictures (common interests ;) ), and I will probably still share some projects I'm working on, but my focus will be different.

Tomorrow I will share the first step I'm taking in this month-long journey. I hope you will join me!

*Of course I know that this journey isn't something to simply do in 31 days and be done with, but for the purposes of this series I will focus on my next 31 days.

*** You can see all the posts in this series here.***

Photobucket


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.