31 Days: Day 29

You can learn more about my 31 Days series here.


It's not always easy...

I think sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the happy side of friendship with Jesus. As though if I build a close friendship with him then my days will be filled with sunshine and rainbows. While I do think that this relationship is important and good, it doesn't mean it will always be easy. There will be times I want to argue with Him, times when following him is difficult, times when I am a terrible friend.  

He says at one point, “My yoke is easy and my burden is light.” And at another point he says, “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.” Read Matthew 5:11; 11.30. 

So how to deal with this seeming contradiction? I think it has to do with attitude. There is a burden that comes with following Jesus, but it is light when we consider all the burdens we face - it is light when we consider the reward. It is a reminder that maybe people won't like when I talk about my faith or when I share my relationship with Him, but that ultimately in sharing I will be blessed - maybe not in this life, but after.

As I struggle with building this friendship, let me not become discouraged but instead more determined.

What do you think- should it always be easy?
Photobucket


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.