31 Days: Day 9

You can learn more about my 31 Days series here.


What do you listen to?

I was driving in the car today listening to the Christian radio station and I realized how much it impacted my mood. It's too easy to let garbage enter our ears without noticing. 

For example the top 5 Billboard Songs include lyrics such as:


  • I'd be waking up, in the morning probably hating myself and I'd be waking up, feeling satisfied but guilty as hell.

  • A girl whose heart gets hotter when night comes

  • So this is it? I sold my soul for this?
  • I'm really gonna miss you picking fights and me, falling for it screaming that I'm right
  • I'll dress nice, I'll look good, I'll go dancing alone I will laugh, I'll get drunk, I'll take somebody home





The top 5 Christian songs?:



  • You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
  • Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them Cause I feel like the one losin'
  • You rescued me And I am Yours forever You saved me, remade me
  • Even when the jury and the judge Say you gotta right to hold a grudge It’s the whisper in your ear saying ‘Set It Free’
  • But when I hear You whisper, "Child lift up your head" I remember, oh God, You're not done with me yet

When I take a minute to compare the two lists it's clear what I want to be listening to. What do you listen to when you aren't paying attention? 


Photobucket


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Christian radio station. Some times when I am In a car I get a feeling that I am being yelled at and then I realize that it is the song on the radio and someone has changed my station!! I never get that feeling when I am listening to Christian songs, they just sing to my soul !!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.