What do you listen to?
I was driving in the car today listening to the Christian radio station and I realized how much it impacted my mood. It's too easy to let garbage enter our ears without noticing.
For example the top 5 Billboard Songs include lyrics such as:
- I'd be waking up, in the morning probably hating myself and I'd be waking up, feeling satisfied but guilty as hell.
- A girl whose heart gets hotter when night comes
- So this is it? I sold my soul for this?
- I'm really gonna miss you picking fights and me, falling for it screaming that I'm right
- I'll dress nice, I'll look good, I'll go dancing alone I will laugh, I'll get drunk, I'll take somebody home
The top 5 Christian songs?:
- You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
- Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them Cause I feel like the one losin'
- You rescued me And I am Yours forever You saved me, remade me
- Even when the jury and the judge Say you gotta right to hold a grudge It’s the whisper in your ear saying ‘Set It Free’
- But when I hear You whisper, "Child lift up your head" I remember, oh God, You're not done with me yet
When I take a minute to compare the two lists it's clear what I want to be listening to. What do you listen to when you aren't paying attention?