My Little Baby is One

I don't even know how to write this post. My little Elias is one year old now and I'm just overwhelmed with joy for the year we have spent together and filled up with love for this little boy. When I think back to the day he was born, it feels like it was so recently, but when I think about all that took place in this past year it feels like he has been here for so long.

Have I treasured every moment? Have I been fully present for each second we have spent together? If I'm honest, the answer is no, but at the same time there hasn't been a single second I haven't felt so blessed to be his mom. Sometimes I'm a bit too tired, or I'm taking his picture when I should just be making real memories, but I think that is all part of being a mom. It's about balancing that time between 100% focus on the little man all of the time and just being human- you know?

I absolutely love that as a mom I can completely disagree with every other mom about whose baby is the cutest, sweetest and most wonderful little child in the whole world, and yet that disagreement unites us. We are all just loving our little ones with our whole hearts and doing the very best we can and that's beautiful.

Today I started back to work and I'm approaching this change with such mixed emotions. I'm really excited to get back to doing something I love that gets my brain churning, but I'm apprehensive about spending so much time away from my little boy. I will miss him. Knowing he is in wonderful hands is the reason I head back to work with ease.

I want to share so much with you including his sweet little birthday party from this past weekend but I'm not completely ready with that post yet. Expect it tomorrow. In the meantime here is a sneak peek at our little cutie on his special day...





Photobucket


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.