Elias William's First Birthday Party

As I mentioned yesterday, our little guy turned one this past Saturday. I was in denial about it for a while so when it came to planning his party I left it to crunch time and wanted things to be simple and sweet. I love how all the little details turned out and most of all I loved being surrounded by friends and family.

Here is a peek into the details of Elias William's First Birthday Party. 


Some pictures of the little man from the past year in no particular order hung on the walls.


To go with the blue, grey and beige theme I made blue raspberry lemonade and bottled it in pretty glass bottles I collected from sparkling lemonade. I am also so excited about the stripey straws I ordered from Greenmunch.ca which were used in the mason jars. I just wrapped burlap around the tops of the mason jars and then tied that with grey and white twine (also from Greenmunch.ca - you can find it here).


I had a lot of fun making the paper accordion pinwheel decorations for the wall. They took the place of the regular pinwheels I had made for his Baptism party.



The food table had a scrap piece of fabric as a table runner (it was in the scrap bin for $.50!). The food was extra simple with rice krispy squares, cream puffs, chocolate dipped marshmallows, Jello mousse, hummus, and per Eli's request, pear sauce and blueberries.



We had a couple of sweet little girls at the party so I made them a colouring table. (The table is actually borrowed from mom and is from my childhood.)


I also made photo booth items for pictures- just a frame and number "1" and a few moustaches. We had some fun with them!


For gift bags I went really simple and used these sweet polka dot bags which were also from Greenmunch.ca and inside was a candy, a lovely smelling tea light candle and a note that said, "Thank you for bringing light and joy to my birthday party.   -Elias" (The larger bags had some treats for the kiddos).


He wasn't sure what he thought about all the singing.


I had so much fun making the party hat for Elias, I sewed the "1" on there and added a pom pom and the felt letters I found at a dollar store. The trim I actually just had on hand. I used the tutorial from here to make the hat shape. To finish it I stapled on a piece of elastic.


nom nom!



The little man had so much fun! Thank you to everyone who came to make the day so special! Even though we missed so many of our friends and family in Ontario, we are so grateful for the new friends we are making here. You are all helping make this place more and more like home.
Photobucket


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.