"Deep Sleep"

You know that feeling right before you wake up? When you are half in this world and half in another?

I know I do my best to hold onto that feeling… maybe that’s why I hit snooze about 4 times (no make that 5 times this morning) before finally getting out of bed.
There is something peaceful about being wrapped up in blankets in a warm safe place.

I think that maybe when we are asleep our souls are in their natural state. And I think their natural state is with God. Without the ‘real world’ pushing in on us, we can be at perfect peace. Deep down a part of us knows where we belong and we are quick to jump there when our brains and our bodies aren’t pushing us in a multitude of other directions.
Can you imagine carrying that feeling around all day? When I think about the fact that, that is exactly what God wants for me, and is exactly what he has offered me through Jesus, I get glimpses of that feeling…and some days I am lucky enough to be filled with it all day.

Other days I forget… my brain and body direct me away from it…but at night…my soul always brings me back.

ZzZzZzZzZ

*This post brought to you by Smiley Melly and the letter "Z"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.