31 Days: Day 14

You can learn more about my 31 Days series here.


Why?

I have been going on and on about the importance of building a friendship with Jesus since the start of the month and I completely forgot to share WHY it's so important to me. In its simplest form, it's because I need him. When I was young I used to try so hard to be good so that I would be deserving of heaven. I felt so confident in my salvation because I felt like I was being such a good girl. How silly of me. As I've gotten older I've realized that I definitely do not deserve heaven. I'm broken and sinful. The only reason I can be assured of my salvation is because I know Jesus died for all of my sins. It's by His grace and love that I undeservedly know I will someday meet him in paradise.

The other day I was listening to the following song and it's a beautiful reminder of exactly what I'm trying to say...



Today I remind myself why I not only want a friendship with Jesus, but why I need one.
Photobucket

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.